27.3.14

how to have a blessed day

When I'm at the front desk, English visitors usually confront my accent by telling me, "That's not a Cumbrian accent!" But Americans just ask "Where are you from?" It's like we know. We tight. There's no use in fluffing it up with polite conversation.

So today they asked "Where are you from?" And I said "Dallas! I'm here for an internship." And they said, "Oh so cool, how did you find it?" And I said, "I'm actually here through my university, BYU, it's a school in Utah." And they said, "Lolz we know, we all graduated from BYU." And then the four of us just bonded. Nothing like American morms meeting other American morms abroad.

In other news, I would watch ever cheesy competition show ever if they all featured nuns. BBC Mundo knows exactly what I'm looking for in headlining news.

And I got this email (names have been changed) from Adam today and I laughed out loud... I am going to miss my gay ideal husband sooooooooooooo:

Update from front desk: Anna, Wallace and I just had a three way conversation over the phone system.

I picked up the phone to dial Wallace and I could hear Anna and Wallace talking on the line – so I waited for them to be finished and said ‘Wallace!’ down the phone, who replied ‘What the hell’s going on?!’

No comments:

Post a Comment