23.7.14
finding porpoise
I loved this movie, from the first poster I saw. Anyways, this isn't really about porpoises.
It's about purpose.
I'm looking for a purpose to motivate me to get out of bed in the morning, when people like me are supposed to get out of bed. It is so easy to just lay in bed when you have nothing mandatory on deck. And it is during that time--late, lazy mornings in bed--that I get the most aggravated with myself and where I am in life. I am a lot better off than many human beings that are also alive right now, but it is easy to forget this when I'm looking at human beings that seem to have their stuff exponentially more together than I do.
So, I'm going to add some stuff to my daily schedule. Since this blog is my one consistent mode of accountability, it will be where I share the changes. Lucky y'all.
1. I'm going to blog the Book of Mormon. I'll try to make a tab or something so that it is attached to this blog, but it will be a separate blogging venture.
and then the changes that won't be so present in the blogging world:
2. I'm going to paint regularly. And maybe open an Etsy. But most importantly, finally paint the pictures of Spain that I have had in mind for a friend, and then send them.
3. I'm going to go on regular exercise-walks again. Walking is something that weenies do in this college town, but I am not a runner, and I do not have the dinero (or desire, honestly) to go to a gym.
4. I'm going to be nicer to myself. Because we all need to do that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment