25.7.14

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

Easy for you to say, Harry. Sally was single and you know she loved you and y'all basically got married immediately and lived happily ever after.

But when Madi met her Dream Career, it was like, "Sucks for you, Madi." Sometimes, I wake up, and I feel like I'm trying to court someone who thinks I'm invisible. It's like... If Harry decided he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Princess Diana, not Sally. Not going to happen. Not in a million years. I mean, yes, she's out there, and yes, she would be able to see Harry if he was standing in front of her, but that would be about it.

I guess, when you put it that way, I have a lot better chances of ending up a professor than Harry Burns ever had of ending up with Lady Di.

It's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment