6.7.14

waiting, wishing

This time of my life seems so full of potential and yet every day is spent waiting for tomorrow. It's hard for me to live in the moment.

But there are some moments that stand still and give me something to look at, and I forget for a few minutes about looking forward.

This morning was one of those moments. Waking up and feeling, for some reason, every part of my body. Seeing light filter through the dirty blinds onto two bunches of flowers. Remembering my dreams and coming to terms with them... But still wishing (and feeling) that they were real.

I have a friend that hates flowers because they smell like funerals. I love flowers because they bring something that I can't have every day into my intimate space. I wish that my dreams were as tangible, but having dreams come true without any work would feel like cheating; like I was dying because I knew I'd be buried with flowers.

I hope the dreams come true anyways. And that I live and die surrounded by flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment