4.11.14

thanks, adults.

I remember when I was a kid, adults told me all sorts of things that turned out to be completely false. The things that I shall focus on tonight are health-related.

I was told that if you sat on the toilet long enough, you would start pooping out your guts. I was told that kids who ate too much food of one color would turn that color. I was told that if you didn't exercise every day, you would forget how to walk. But perhaps the most terrifying of all threats was the threat of bedsores.

I read a lot as a kid (and I hated exercise), and I spend a lot of time on my bed. I don't remember who told me about bedsores, but basically, I was told that I would definitely get them from spending too much time being lazy in bed. I can honestly say that I believed that until tonight.

You don't know how badly you are in procrastination mode until you start googling sicknesses you fear.


No comments:

Post a Comment