17.10.11

in a word: acetaminophen

Today started off on a weird foot. I definitely heard my alarms go off, and I remember thinking, "Time to shower," but I must've turned them off and fallen back asleep, because I didn't open my eyes until 8:15. Since I have to leave to get to my first class at 8:40, I new I wouldn't have time to shower. So I put on not-pj's and tried to make my hair look not-nappy, and I had a few minutes to spare before departure to take my meds.

I'm finally killing off my week-long cold that almost got the best of me, and the remains of a dozen boxes of cold medicine are strewn over my desk. I grabbed one of one and another of another, and I must've forgotten the first one of one because I grabbed a third pill and popped 'em all. All three of the pills were acetaminophen based, which means I overdosed. Ladies and gentlemen, I'm a druggie.

Anyways, I didn't notice until 12:30 when I started to feel sick to my stomach and I thought: Wait... Did I take three? Then I started having some sad thoughts about kidney-failure and stomach diseases that were probably all going to take place because I had one-to-many Target-brand cold-killers. Then I realized that I was probably having an awesome day because God wants me to remember the day I overdosed and doomed my internal organs as the best day of this semester.

Let me just tell you what makes today so great:

I woke up late, but made it to class on time, and today was a fiesta in that class--my Venezuelan professor made us all these little breakfast goodies... Arepas (biscuity-pockets with cheese and meat inside) and something made out of platanos that looked like skinny donuts. So good. Then I had my final exam for that class (it's a block class) and I only paused from not knowing what to say (it's a Spanish class) twice. High five to myself. Then I walked back home to shower before my next class, and when I walked back up to campus, I saw three girls that I haven't seen in a LONG time, and one of them said that she liked reading my blog. Shout out to you, M.T.! Also, I like your hair parted in the middle. Tres chic. Then I kept walking to class, and ran into my cousin that I haven't seen in a LONGER time... And I don't think he reads my blog, but shout out to you too, Ethan! You should come over for dinner sometime. I'll hook you up with all my hot roommates. And then after class, I decided to call my mom and tell her that I overdosed so that in case I die she can cancel my plane tickets home for Christmas. And then I decided to go to Jamba Juice, and there was no line. You will only understand the importance of that sentence if you've ever personally pitted yourself against the Jamba line in the Wilk. I literally got my smoothy within 2 minutes. It was miraculous. Then, I decided to text my brother Mark to see if he was eating lunch with a girl in the Wilk since he seems to do that a lot. I was standing by the wall with my juice in the crook of my elbow (I know this looks retarded, but it's hard to text with one hand) messaging him when the boy standing next to me (who I hadn't noticed until then) asked: "What flavor?" And then, I had a full-on conversation with a boy who didn't know me and thought my shoes were cool (my Vans... I'm never taking them off again). You will only understand the importance of that sentence if you know my life. If for some reason you are reading this, Ethan from Thousand Oaks, high five. And I also liked your shoes. And I'm sorry I didn't know as much about the Rangers as I should. Then Mark texted me back that he was in class, so I decided to move my party into the library. This means I had to hide the Jamba in my backpack, as it is contraband and would be confiscated otherwise. Once I got there, I decided to look and see if my I-live-in-the-library friends were there, and both of them weren't, but as I was walking back up the stairs to get to where I usually sit, I ran into Jenna. Shout out to Jenna who I'm positive doesn't read this blog! She's going to take me granola shopping as soon as she gets over her cold, so I'm basically the most excited kid on the fourth floor. And then, when I finally got to the South wall in the children's book section, my favorite cubby desk with access to electrical outlet and a window-view, was open. And I am sitting here now. And I'm enjoying my against-the-law Peach Perfection. And I basically could not ask for more.

Overdosing is the best.

2 comments:

  1. Take it from a girl who's accidentally overdosed a few times in her medicine-taking career...don't sweat the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time I over dosed Pete on Imodium... It wasn't a fun night.... Might've been with a smoothie, though!

    ReplyDelete