Todrick Hall, the star of Miranda Sings' Boyfriend, put out the best music video I have ever seen on YouTube yesterday:
Now, I've never been to Los Angeles (which is where I'm guessing this was filmed), but so many things in this video made me think of Tyler, high school, and going to church in "the nof'." It's ridikulus. Robert E. Lee, in all of its confederate, not-passing-standerdized-tests-glory, was the most colorful experience I could've asked for in an undergraduate education (well, not including John Tyler High, but I think I'm too pale for that) and all of the people in that music video could've easily been in my (and every other) graduating class. God bless us all.
I miss the South so much it makes my heart ache. I mean, if you're going to live in the States, and you can't afford New York City... There is no question of where to go.
On another note, I saw a boy from my old Tyler ward while I was at work last night, and I couldn't help but feel like he had brought me a little slice of happiness to savor for the rest of the night. He's Jacob's age, just on campus for a basketball camp, and it was really pretty lucky that we even crossed paths because the camp kids usually come to the bookstore earlier, if at all. He caught me off guard, and seeing his smile made me think of his family and my family and everything so comfortable about the church you grew up in.
All in all, today I was pretty happy that I can say I'm from the Rose Capital of the World. And I miss it, in all its hood rat/good ol' boys/100% humidity wonder
bahahahaha TO MUCH!
ReplyDelete