6.4.14

confessions of a chubby bridesmaid

I love dressing up. Not every day... Gracious. I love leggings a lot more than dresses. But there are those days when I can think of nothing less glamourous or at least pretty than wearing a dress and earrings and maybe doing my hair. Maybe.

Conveniently, those days are selected for me by my dear friends that get married. Yay for twenties! Weddings and receptions demand a little more effort than usual, and I am happy to comply because I love the happiness of those occasions. Also, happy people and free dessert is the best of all social combinations. I love weddings even more when I am in the wedding party, which has only happened once so far but it was GREAT, and it will happen again twice this summer (yay for roommates!).

I am a little nervous, though, for my next wedding.

Becky, if you ever see this, just know that I love you and I am so happy for you etc. And your sisters and your CO BFFs are skinny and charming and beautiful and will definitely look so good in this dress:


I consider myself blessed to be a part of your wedding, but my tummy is probably 600 times bigger than that model's. And I am truly concerned that that dress is going to be unforgiving on my body. I do not want to be the eyesore of your wedding pictures, so please understand if I am constantly hiding behind other people. Or, forgive me for incorporating a piece of couture from our Southern neighbors into the look:


Love from England,
The Chubby Bridesmaid



No comments:

Post a Comment